BrizzleLass is known in the real world as Claire. She always has a book close at hand and devours Fantasy and Romance like some devour chocolate! Possibly an unusual combination of genres, Claire loves a happily ever after followed by lots of sword-fighting and dragons! She’s also passionate about music, was a classicly trained musician as a youngster and is now a huge heavy metal fan who can also be found at a fair few classical concerts just to confuse people!
Claire has Bipolar Disorder and is passionate about mental health, she is an active advocate speaking out about her own experiences, she is a trained peer-worker and volunteers for Bristol City Council as a walk-leader on a health walk once a week, where she gets to speak to people with varying degrees of mental ill health about their experiences as well as her own. She also volunteers with mental health charity Second Step offering her experience as a digital marketer, helping them with their social media and online marketing. She recently appeared on the radio with Jonny Benjamin speaking about a campaign she set up for the called #WhatMakesMeWell and is also one of the faces of a new campaign #PuttingMeFirst.
Claire has been working in marketing for 17 years, she is a fully qualified and experienced Digital Marketer and holds the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing. She loves marketing and has most recently worked with authors to help them with their marketing, combining her love of reading with her love of marketing. If you want to speak to Claire about how she can help you with your author marketing then get in touch below.
Writing has always been a huge part of life for Claire and she has now completed her first novel, a romance titled Entrapped. About a professional Cellist and a woman battling with Depression. It combines Claire’s passion for mental health with her love of music and she love’s these characters thoroughly. She is currently writing a spin-off from this novel featuring another professional musician. After so many years wanting to write, to have finally let down the guard and be doing it is invigorating and she is loving every second of it.
Below is the review policy for BrizzleLass Books, if you think you would like your book featured on the blog please read it first. Due to the number of requests received not all will be responded to and some may take some time to be responded to due to the levels of books I have to work with.
You may also apply to take part in my weekly feature, The Bookshelf, which launched in March. This will be a Q&A with an author or blogger each week. Head to the link above to apply.
I am currently closed to review requests. Please accept my apologies.
- Adult Fantasy and Romance novels are most likely to be accepted for review.
- Self-Published novels are less likely to be accepted for review (purely due to the amount of books I have to read and the number of self-published authors out there).
- I do not review Young Adult.
- A pre-existing relationship because you have gotten to know me and aren’t “cold calling” will work in your favour but won’t guarantee a “good” or “biased” review.
- I will only accept guest blogs, author spotlights, interviews etc; if I am confident I would read a novel. Sometimes I will offer one of these options in lieu of a review when I don’t have space on my reading schedule and think your book sounds interesting.
- Before making a decision I will read existing reviews, use the read the first chapter function on Kindle (if available), and properly research your book to make sure I am making my decision wisely.
- Please remember that like nearly all book bloggers I review for pleasure, and for free, I only have so much time and capacity, unfortunately, I can’t accept all the requests I get and have to be quite strict with what I take on so that I don’t drown.
- I rarely review mental health books or those with heavy mental health storylines. They can be too much of a trigger for my bipolar disorder so as much as I want to support authors in this area I cannot often take on these books.
I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have a book you want me to review or a tour you would like me to join then please get in touch below!