Welcome to The Bookshelf. Each week I feature an author or book blogger and talk about their bookshelf with them. It’s a light-hearted, book focused, Q&A.
This is the final Bookshelf of the year and I am literally bouncing off the walls with excitement with who I have for you today. C.M. Stunich is one of my all time favourite romance authors and easily my most-read author, you probably know this from all of the reviews I post! C.M. Stunich writes romance you can disappear into, characters you fall in love with and she churns books out at a rate that is incredible, but as a fan of her work I can only be grateful! She also writes a lot of my favourite sub-genre, reverse harem and wrote my absolute favourite book in this genre Groupie…I urge everybody to read this book because it changed my life and will be in my Top 10 of the year!
So…here is C.M. Stunich’s Bookshelf…
What was the first book you remember having on your bookshelf?
There are so many books that helped make my childhood whimsical and fun, but of course, when I reach for those memories, they’re a bit elusive, a tad slippery. LOL. I won’t lie and deny the fact that I just spent thirty minutes on Google trying to find the name of a children’s chapter book I used to love about giant Arctic spiders that hatch on a field trip and bond instantly to a group of girls. For the life of me, I can’t remember the title or the author! Some books I do remember are Ruth Chew’s 1994 novel Witch’s Cat. I couldn’t actually remember the title or author of that one either, but fortunately a quick search for “cat, witch, slipper” did the trick on that one. I think it’s time for a re-read! 😉 The next books that come immediately to mind are Cat Wings by Ursula K. Le Guin and my all-time favorites—the Animorphs series by K. A. Applegate.
What was the most recent book you added to the bookshelf?
The newest addition to my collection is Fire In His Blood by Ruby Dixon. It’s hard to say what I added before that because my previous addition was a giant heap of books I splurged on at Barnes & Noble. I still love brick and mortar bookstores and I’m a totally paperback/hardcover addict!
Which book have you most recently read from your bookshelf?
The last book I finished was Free Agent by J.C. Nelson and my current read (okay, re-read) is The Vixen’s Lead by Tate James (a signed copy, too!).
Which 5 books from last year would you not let go of from your bookshelf?
I tend to hop all over the place in my reading—from brand-new stuff to paperbacks that are falling apart. But here are my top five reads from last year (although they could’ve been released at any time): Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen, White Cat by Holly Black, The Call by Peadar O’Guilin, Hunter by Mercedes Lackey, and The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco.
Which books are you most looking forward to adding to your bookshelf?
One book comes to mind right away and that’s The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. I have it on pre-order and I’m foaming at the mouth to get my hands on that baby! LOL I’m also really looking forward to High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning.
What was the most recent addition to your writers bookshelf?
My newest release is a co-write with Tate James about supernatural plumbers who just happen to have the ability to shift into elemental dragons … 😉 It’s called Elements of Ruin and is book two of three in Hijinks Harem, a reverse harem paranormal romance series. In just a few days I also have another book coming out titled Allison’s Adventures in Underland which is a dark, gritty new adult retelling of the classic children’s tale. ❤
Which of your own books are you most proud of adding to the bookshelf?
While I put the same amount of blood, sweat, tears, and soul into every book I write, there are a few that just stick with me and hold a special place in my heart. For me, it’s a toss up between Groupie and Pack Violet Shadow—each one for completely different reasons. Groupie was challenging to write because I put a lot of myself, my experiences, and my emotions into the story—this book was an outlet for a lot of personal grief. The other, Pack Violet Shadow which is the sequel to Pack Ebon Red, just turned out to be the epitome of everything I look for myself as a reader. The first book held a lot of my love, but the second captured my soul.
Which book on your bookshelf do you most wish you had written?
This is an easy one! I wish I’d written Dark Fever by Karen Marie Moning, not only because Jericho Barrons is the best book boyfriend since sliced bread, but I just love the world, the lore, and the characters she built. It’d be fun to play around with them and see what I could do! Then again, I already have too many ideas as it is so … LOL
Is there a WIP we can look forward to adding to our bookshelves?
Absolutely! I have so many new books coming out in the following months, I’m not even sure where to start! At the end of this month, the third book in my series, The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf, titled Pack Obsidian Gold will be releasing. Sometime before that (this is a bit of a surprise release!) Tate James and I have another co-write coming out titled Dark Glitter which is a super sexy urban fantasy about a motorcycle club run by dark fae who live deep in the Louisiana bayou. After those two, I’m adding the next books to my contemporary reverse harem mini-series Mafia Queen and then I’ve got a fantasy reverse harem romance titled Spirited. Whew! It’s a mouthful, but I’m super excited and extremely proud of all these projects—can’t wait for you guys to read them!
Can you share a picture of your bookshelf / favourite bookshelf?
I sure can!
C.M. Stunich’s Bookshelf
*This is a mere taster of C.M. Stunich’s library. Check her links below for full details.
About C.M. Stunich
💕 ☠💋 “FOLLOW ME” LINKS 💋☠💕
(aka “A Stalker’s Guide to C.M. Stunich”)
- JOIN THE C.M. STUNICH NEWSLETTER – Get three free books just for signing up ❥ http://eepurl.com/DEsEf
- BECOME A BOOKISH BAT – Join my reading discussion group for exclusive reveals, giveaways, and frank and honest chats with other readers ❥ https://www.facebook.com/groups/547466675266183/
- TWEET ME ON TWITTER, BABE – Come sing the social media song with me ❥ https://twitter.com/CMStunich
- BOOK+MAIN BITES – a new social media site that’s all about books and sexy teasers ❥ https://bookandmainbites.com/users/11362
- LOVE YA SOME SNAPCHAT? – Want to receive your news hot, current, and quick? Get exclusive Snaps from live book signings and see what I’m working on before anyone else does ❥ https://www.snapchat.com/add/cmstunich
- LISTEN TO MY BOOK PLAYLISTS – Share your fave music with me and I’ll give you my playlists (I’m super active on here!) ❥ https://open.spotify.com/user/12101321503
- FRIEND ME ON FACEBOOK – Okay, I’m actually at the 5,000 friend limit, but if you click the “follow” button on my profile page, you’ll see way more of my killer posts ❥ https://facebook.com/cmstunich
- LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK – Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top? I’ll love you forever! ❥ https://facebook.com/cmstunichauthor & https://facebook.com/violetblazeauthor
- GRAB ME ON GOODREADS – Add all my books to your to-read list or write a review to help other readers! ❥ https://www.goodreads.com/cmstunich & http://preview.tinyurl.com/grvbbooks
- CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE – A great resource for info about my books; sign up to receive emails about new website updates by scrolling to the bottom of the homepage ❥ http://www.cmstunich.com
- READ VIOLET BLAZE – Read the books from my hot as hellfire pen name, Violet Blaze ❥ http://www.violetblazebooks.com
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY RSS FEED – Press that little orange button in the corner and copy that RSS feed so you can get all the latest updates ❥ http://www.cmstunich.com/blog
- AMAZON, BABY – If you click the follow button here, you’ll get an email each time I put out a new book. Pretty sweet, huh? ❥ http://amazon.com/author/cmstunich & http://amazon.com/author/violetblaze
- PINTEREST – Lots of hot half-naked men. Oh, and half-naked men. Plus, tattooed guys holding babies (who are half-naked) ❥ http://pinterest.com/cmstunich
- INSTAGRAM – Cute cat pictures. And half-naked guys. Yep, that again. ❥ http://instagram.com/cmstunich
- GRAB A SMOKIN’ HOT READ – Check out my books, grab one or two or five. Fall in love over and over again. Satisfaction guaranteed, baby. 😉
- AMAZON ❥ http://amazon.com/author/cmstunich
- B&N ❥ http://tinyurl.com/cmbarnes
- iTUNES ❥ http://tinyurl.com/cmitunesbooks
- GOOGLE PLAY ❥ http://tinyurl.com/cmgoogle
- KOBO ❥ http://tinyurl.com/cmkobobooks
- SMASHWORDS ❥ https://www.smashwords.com/author/cmstunich
- AUDIOBOOKS ❥ https://tinyurl.com/cmstunichaudio
- VIOLET BLAZE ❥ http://amazon.com/author/violetblaze
P.S. I heart the f*ck out of you! Thanks for reading! I love your faces.
❤ C.M. Stunich aka Violet Blaze
I have to send the hugest thanks to you for taking part C.M. I literally spent a good half hour happy dancing when you agreed to do this and I’ve loved your answers. Thank you so much for bringing such amazing, emotional, and hot books into my life. I can’t wait to see what there is to come 😀
Want to take part?
If you are a blogger or author and would like to take part in The Bookshelf click here, and fill in the really short contact form to let me know, there are some great authors and bloggers already signed up to take part in 2018 and I can’t wait to see who else signs up! Have a great festive period everybody!
I’m really looking forward to hearing from you.