Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now Take Two
A huge thank you to Jenn at Read Rant Rock & Roll for this nomination, although my thanks quickly died off when I remembered I’d already completed this tag and so I would have to do the dare. Now, I’ve never walked away from a dare but this one is to write a Haiku, you’ll see more below, I bloody hate writing poetry more than anything else in the world, so I seriously considered bailing on this, but I don’t want to bail on a dare. So here I am writing this post!
If you want to see my answers to the questions my original post can be found here.
- Create your own new post and call it “Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now” and be sure to include in your tags the words — without quotes — “ThisIsMyTruthNow Tag”
- Include these rules when you copy/paste to your own post.
- Be sure to thank the person that tagged you and include their responses at the bottom of your post, so someone can get to know them too. Tell everyone something interesting about the person who tagged you.
- Include a link to my original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along. Link to cut/paste is: ThisIsMyTruthNow
- Choose 12 bloggers to tag and include a link to their latest post, so others can check them out and meet new people.
- Answer all 12 questions in The Challenge Questions section, but replace the 12th question with your own new one around telling the truth or revealing something interesting about yourself — you can leave the existing if you can’t think of something.
- Be sure to copy/paste the “Truth or Dare” section at the end of this post. It’s important to the challenge — so you better carefully read it!
- If you’ve haven’t been tagged, but you want to play along, you can totally jump on in and post responses to the tag on your blog.
The Challenge Questions
- QUESTION 1: You’re on your way to a birthday dinner that your friends have thrown for you. When you arrive, your favorite author is having dinner by himself or herself and asks you to sit with them, before you even see your friends or they see you. You have two choices: (1) You can sit with the author but can’t tell your friends that you’ve abandoned them for three hours, or (2) Meet your friends and lose the only chance you’ll ever have to talk with the author. Pick one or the other — no exceptions or communication to your friends to tell them about the author — and explain why.
QUESTION 2: You’ve got an opportunity to spend a few hours alone “in your bedroom” with a character from any book you’ve previously read. The character tells you that (s)he would like to lock the door and spend some alone time with you. What book and character is it, and do you decide to enter the room and lock the door, or tell them you aren’t interested?
QUESTION 3: If you could turn any male character from one of your favorite books into a female character (or change a female into a male) in the book or book series, which one and why?
QUESTION 4: What blogger currently on your follower’s list (meaning they follow you too) do you admire the most and why?
QUESTION 5: If you could change any one decision your favorite book character made, what would it be and why?
QUESTION 6: If you could pick 1 character from a book and 1 character from a TV show you watch (that is NOT based on a book) to be in a relationship together, who would you choose, and why?
QUESTION 7: It’s your last day on Earth. As you are about to cross that final finish line, a mysterious shadow appears, giving you a choice: (1) You can go move forward to whatever comes next for you [based on your own spiritual or religious beliefs], or (2) you can become a character in a book series and exist permanently doing whatever that author chooses to do with you in the book. Which do you choose, and if it’s option 2, reveal the book and author.
QUESTION 8: If you could steal a pet from someone in any book you’ve read, but had to replace it with a friend’s pet (meaning they wouldn’t ever see their pet again), would you do it? If so, explain the who and why.
QUESTION 9: If you could turn someone from your real life into a character from a book, who from your life, who in the book and why?
QUESTION 10: Post a picture of the cover of a book you read in 2000 and the book you are currently reading now. (Note: if you weren’t alive in 2000, pick the first book you ever read and tell everyone what year it was from).
QUESTION 11: Your favorite character (under 18) needs a place to stay for 3 months and asks you if (s)he could stay in your spare room (yes, you have one for the sake of this question). Who is it and what is the reason (s)he needs to stay with you?
QUESTION 12: What are qualities that a favorite character of yours has that you wish you had as well? What character, what qualities and why? Pick a book you’ve read this year (you can change this question when added to your blog, but please let me know your answer to this question in the comments below)
Truth or Dare
Here is the final part of the ThisIsMyTruthNow tag…If you choose not to accept the tag, you have to follow through on whatever dare the person who tags you chooses.
My Dare: to write a Haiku poem about a book I hated.
The Book I chose was: Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend by Alan Cumyn possibly the most ridiculous book I’ve ever read.
Such far fetched nonsense
Pterodactyl human boy
So many eye rolls
So, the dare going on… I’m going to keep it the same and share the pain! Love you all!
- Karen @ My Reading Corner
- Angie Dokos
- Yesha @ Books Teacup and Reviews
- Jules @ Little Miss No Sleep
- Dee @ Novel Delights
- Kate @ The Quiet Knitter
- Cathy @ Between The Lines
- Joanne @ My Chestnut Reading Tree
- Liz @ Cover to Cover
- Kelly @ Love Books Group
- Steph @ Stephanie’s Novel Fiction
- Katherine @ Bibliomaniac UK