The absolutely lovely Mischenko over at Read Rant Rock & Roll tagged me for this one. If you haven’t been over yet you really should she has the best blog, it’s a definite add to your daily rotation blog, with wonderful regular features, I’m particularly partial to her Wednesday Breakfast & a Book post myself.
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
What’s something you find yourself worrying about or thinking about frequently?
Money. I worry about money constantly. And this isn’t just because I’m broke these days, even when I had an amazing job and was on a top tier salary I worried about money all the time. I’ve resigned myself to the fact it will always haunt me.
If you had to change your name, what would it be and why?
Sîan, it’s what my Mum always wanted to call me but my Bio-Dad didn’t want me having an Irish name. So they agreed on me being called Louise Claire. When he went to register my birth he was drunk (not unusual) and he got my name around the wrong way so I ended up as Claire Louise. I’ve always hated my name, especially because it wasn’t supposed to be my name.
Are you doing a reading challenge? If so, where are you with it?
I’m doing three!
Goodreads of course, I completed it about a month ago, it was set at 100 which is the number I read last year. So I have extended it to 140, I am currently at 112.
Discoverability Challenge, this is one set up by a fantasy author I know, the aim is to read more female authors you’ve never read before (not necessarily fantasy). There is no limit just to grow the list. I’m currently at 47.
Flights of Fantasy – This is about reading fantasy through the year. I set my target at 50 for the year and I’m currently at 43.
What’s your favorite fruit and favorite vegetable.
Funny story I’m allergic to my favourite vegetable which is mushrooms! So my second favourite is Potato (I have a serious love of potato!) and Fruit Tomato or possibly Raspberries….that’s difficult..
Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
Oh cripes, I don’t remember the boring ones…there are horrible one’s I wouldn’t want to meet but they wouldn’t be boring. Oh I will get shot for this but most of Jane Austen’s characters, pick any of them, they are so snoozeville. I wouldn’t want to get stuck in a room with any of them really.
What’s something your brain tries to make you do and you have to stop yourself from doing it?
Speak! I have a habit of saying inappropriate things at inappropriate times. I am getting better at stopping myself and thinking before I speak but it has caused trouble like you wouldn’t believe over the years.
If you could stand in front of the entire human race, what piece of advice would you choose to express?
That everyone is made of the same flesh and bone and need to find respect and love for each other and discard with the hatred.
- Lisa @ Rambling Lisa’s Book Reviews
- Shananigan @ Reads & Reel’s
- Mairead @ Swirl & Thread
- Joanna @ Over The Rainbow Book Blog
- Kerry @ Chat About Books
- Emma @ Damppebbles
- Raven @ Everywhere & Nowhere
- If you could take a character from any novel and put them in a novel of your own who would you choose and why?
- You have to force everybody to read one book, which book do you choose?
- What is your favourite breakfast treat?
- You’re escaping for the weekend, where do you go?
- What three things do you take with you on your weekend escape?
- What is your dream job?
- What’s your ideal candle scent?