Book Launch News: Fight Like A Girl Anthology in Bristol April 2nd 2016
I’m very excited to have been passed details to share for the launch of this science fiction and fantasy anthology featuring kick ass women not only here in Brizzle but at just about the best possible venue for a book launch in this genre, and the building, which dating back to 1606 is the oldest in Bristol, and was my second home between the ages of 18-28!
Details are as follows… (Disclosure: I have copied from the press release to ensure accuracy!)
Join Grimbold Books for the launch of the brand new anthology Fight Like A Girl, which will be a social afternoon of swordplay and display, discussions on the role of women in SF&F (both as characters and authors), excerpts from the book, and a buffet to munch. Whether you’re a budding writer, established genre fan, there will be something for everyone!
- Saturday, 2nd April 2016, 1300 – 1700.
- Hatchet Inn, 27-29 Frogmore St, Bristol, BS1 5NA
- Ticketed entry: £5.95. See details at Eventbrite
- Anthology contributors attending include Joanne Hall, Kim Lakin-Smith, Danie Ware, Roz Clarke, Fran Terminiello, Julia Knight, KT Davies, and Sophie E Tallis.
- Event funded by the BristolCon Foundation.
About Fight Like A Girl
What do you get when some of the best women writers of genre fiction come together to tell tales of female strength? A powerful collection of science fiction and fantasy ranging from space operas and near-future factional conflict to medieval warfare and urban fantasy. These are not pinup girls fighting in heels; these warriors mean business. Whether keen combatants or reluctant fighters, each and every one of these characters was born and bred to Fight Like A Girl.
- Edited by Joanne Hall and Roz Clarke.
- Featuring stories by Roz Clarke, Kelda Crich, K T Davies, Dolly Garland, K R Green, Joanne Hall, Julia Knight, Kim Lakin-Smith, Juliet McKenna, Lou Morgan, Gaie Sebold, Sophie E Tallis, Fran Terminiello, Danie Ware, Nadine West.
- Pretty much a perfect thing right out of the gate. – Adele Wearing, Fox Spirit Books.
- ISBN: 978-1-909845-66-4 – RRP (paperback): £9.99
- Review copies & e-ARCs available on request.
About Grimbold Books:
Grimbold Books is home to some of the very best science fiction, fantasy and dark fiction around. Our imprints are Kristell Ink (science fiction and fantasy) and Tenebris Books (dark fiction and fairy tales). We also publish an annual charity anthology from the Oslo Writers’ League under Grimbold Books to which we provide all our services for free in order to support a worthy cause. Our books are released as e-books across all platforms, as well as in print via all major online distributors, and on consignment with smaller retailers and independent retailers.